The Research Group on Advanced Technologies of Telecommunications and Signal Processing (GITTS) of the Technological University of Panama (UTP) emerges as an instrument for strengthening the research and academics processes of the UTP, and has as main goals to generate, apply and disseminate knowledge and to develop research projects at various levels in the areas of telecommunications and signal processing.
On GITTS we are continuously looking for new students that are brilliant, creative and show a strong interest on research and being highly competitive.
If you are motivated, feel a great interest for technological advances and innovation on telecommunications and signal processing, are ambitious and committed, we want you to be part of our team.
Current research lines include:
- Applications of compressive sampling (compressed sensing) techniques
- Efficient sensor networks
- Theory and applications of channel coding
- Non-conventional signal processing and communication systems applied to industry.
- Communication systems and signal processing applied to the smart grid
- Propagation systems in complex media for health applications.